Your driveway is one of the first parts of your house that people. Sadly it’s not immune to elements of weather and the passing of time. In time, the once beautiful-looking driveway will wear away. You might think you’ll need to spend a lot of money to replace your worn-out driveway with a new one. However, you don’t need to go that far. One easy and practical way to give your driveway a proper facelift would be to paint it.
You don’t need to break the bank and spend thousands of dollars, rip your driveway off, and install a new one. Sometimes, all you need is a simple paint job to make the driveway look good again. Here are some driveway painting ideas you can follow for your driveway.
Driveway Painting Ideas
First thing’s first; you need to understand that the purpose of painting your driveway is to enhance it but not to the point where it becomes too much of a distraction or even an eyesore. You’re restoring your old driveway and making it look better to enhance your home’s curb appeal. When planning on painting your driveway, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. But most important is to have your colours match the whole motif of your house. You don’t want your driveway sticking out like a sore thumb. Here are some excellent driveway painting ideas:
Keeping it plain and simple
Sometimes the best way to go about it is the plain and simple route. The most commonly used colour is good old plain grey. A great option if you’re looking for something simple yet versatile. Using this colour also helps preserve your driveway as it won’t appear to age as much.
The Sone Look
You can initially mark out sections of your driveway and paint it in different colours and non-uniform, uneven shapes to create an effect similar to stone paving or driveways.
The Tile Look
Similar to a stone look, you can mark your driveway in a way that resembles tiles and paint it with either a solid colour or different colours, depending on your design.
The Brick Look
Again, similar to the stone and tile look, you start by marking your driveway but this time, make it resemble a brick driveway.
These are all viable ideas for painting your driveway. But before you do any of these, here are some tips to make your painting project smoother.
- The first thing you need to do when painting your driveway is to clean and prime it. You don’t want to paint over a driveway full of debris. The results won’t be good.
- Choose a colour that goes well with the colour of your home or compliments its style.
- Use high-quality paint and the right brushes. The quality of the paint you use will factor in whether or not your painted driveway would look good or not.
- Before you start painting, you’ll need to mask the edges so you won’t paint over parts that don’t need to be painted. If painting a pattern, make sure to mark the driveway as well properly.
- As with your paint colour, choose a pattern that also goes well with your house’s design. Don’t overdo your patterns to the point that they become too distracting.
- Lastly, if you don’t know what you are doing or are not confident enough with your painting skills, it is best to find and hire professionals to do the job for you.
Is Painting A Driveway A Good Idea?
Yes, painting your driveway is a good idea. Aside from giving your driveway a fresh coat of paint and increasing its aesthetic appeal, you are saving a lot of money. You don’t need to replace your driveway just to restore it to its former glory. Sometimes all you need is a fresh coat of paint.